Friday, September 7, 2012

Yahshua Mashiaj, Kohen Hagadol

"And indeed, those that became priests were many, because they were prevented by death from continuing,  but He, because He remains forever, has an unchangeable priesthood. Therefore He is also able to save completely those who draw near to Elohim through Him, ever living to make intercession for them. For it was fitting that we should have such a High Priest – kind, innocent, undefiled, having been separated from sinners, and exalted above the heavens, who does not need, as those high priests, to offer up slaughter offerings day by day, first for His own sins and then for those of the people, for this He did once for all when He offered up Himself.  For the Torah appoints as high priests men who have weakness, but the word of the oath which came after the Torah, appoints the Son having been perfected forever. "
Hebrews 7:23-28

 " But now He has obtained a more excellent service, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was constituted on better promises. For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second. For finding fault with them, He says,
“See, the days are coming,” says יהוה, “when I shall conclude with the house of Yisra’ĕl and with the house of Yehuḏah a renewed covenant, not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Mitsrayim, because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them,” says יהוה.  “Because this is the covenant that I shall make with the house of Yisra’ĕl after those days, says יהוה, giving My laws in their mind, and I shall write them on their hearts, and I shall be their Elohim, and they shall be My people. “And they shall by no means teach each one his neighbour, and each one his brother, saying, ‘Know יהוה,’ because they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them.  “Because I shall forgive their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawlessnesses I shall no longer remember.”
By saying, ‘renewed,’ He has made the first old. Now what becomes old and growing aged is near disappearing."
Hebrews 8: 6-13

No comments:

Post a Comment